NACAC and the 2021 local advisory committee (LAC) seek volunteers to assist with the many activities onsite and online in conjunction with the National Conference.
If you are signing up to volunteer in person, keep in mind:
- Volunteers do not need to be from Seattle, although it helps for some subcommittees.
- Registration is required for all volunteer assignments except Material Stuffing (Monday) and if you are a student local to the Seattle area.
- Your information will be shared with the chairs for each subcommittee. The chairs will reach out to you in August for date/time and assignments sign-ups. You do not need to do anything else until that time.
If you are signing up to volunteer online, keep in mind:
- Volunteers must be a registered for the virtual conference. You will need access to the platform and all features.
- You must be in a location with steady WIFI, minimal noise, and the ability to be on camera.
Please read the committee descriptions below. Shifts for each category are typically 2 hours, unless otherwise noted.
- Counselors' Preview Day (CPD) Subcommittee
Welcome local counselors to the conference and assist committee chairs with various events and networking opportunities associated with CPD.
- Hospitality Subcommittee
Assist with hospitality and directions within the convention center, providing directions to local activities/sites and manning the NACAC information booth. (This committee needs volunteers primarily from Seattle or the surrounding area).
Days: Tuesday - Saturday
- Logistical Arrangements Subcommittee
Monitor the Main Stage/Keynote session room, educational sessions, and other meeting rooms. Tasks include door tally counters, session seating, speaker introductions and session time management. Volunteers will be scheduled for 15 minutes before each educational opportunity throughout the conference. Attendees volunteering for sessions are encouraged to remain the room and watch the session.
Days: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Registration Subcommittee
Assist with self-scan registration and distribution of registration materials.
Days: Tuesday (PM), Wednesday - Friday (All day)
- Special Events Subcommittee
Assist with aspects of the Welcome Reception and the Saturday Social.
Days: Thursday and Saturday evening