NACAC and the 2022 Local Advisory Committee (LAC) seek volunteers to assist with the many activities onsite and online in conjunction with the Conference.
If you are signing up to volunteer in person, keep in mind:
- Volunteers do not need to be from Houston, although it helps for some subcommittees.
- Registration is required for all volunteer assignments except material stuffing (Monday) and if you are a student local to the Houston area.
- Your information will be shared with the chairs for each subcommittee. The chairs will reach out to you in August for date/time and assignments sign-ups. You do not need to do anything else until that time.
Please read the committee descriptions below. Shifts for each category are typically two hours, unless otherwise noted.
- Counselors' Preview Day (CPD) Subcommittee
Welcome local counselors to the conference and assist committee chairs with various events and networking opportunities associated with CPD.
- Hospitality Subcommittee
Assist with hospitality and directions within the convention center, providing directions to local activities/sites and manning the NACAC information booth. (This committee needs volunteers primarily from Houston or the surrounding area).
Days: Tuesday - Saturday
- Session Arrangements Subcommittee
Monitor the Main Stage/Keynote session room, educational sessions, and other meeting rooms. Tasks include door tally counters, session seating, speaker introductions and session time management. Volunteers will be scheduled for 15 minutes before each educational opportunity throughout the conference. Attendees volunteering for sessions are encouraged to remain the room and watch the session.
Days: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Registration Subcommittee
Assist with self-scan registration and distribution of registration materials.
Days: Tuesday (PM), Wednesday - Friday (All day)
- First Timers Orientation and Special Events Subcommittee
Assist with aspects of First Timers Orientation, Welcome Reception and the Saturday Social.
Days: Thursday and Saturday evening