The National Conference is one of the best opportunities for professionals to learn the latest trends and meet many different colleagues in college admission. It is our hope that this webpage will not only provide some answers to the most popular questions that a first-timer might have while planning their trip to Boston, but also share resources and advice from well-known professionals and veteran conference attendees.
Most Popular Questions
1. Is there anything on the schedule for first-timers?
- Yes! There is a can't miss First-Timers Orientation scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 14, that will introduce you to other first timers and get some insider tips about navigating your first NACAC National Conference. We'll even teach you about the Meet Your Match game that will take the conference by storm.
- The NACAC National Conference runs from Sept. 14-16. First-Timers Orientation begins at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 14 followed by the Opening General Session at 1 p.m. All attendees must register and gather their materials for the conference before arriving to the First-Timers Orientation and the Opening General Session. Registration opens that day at 7 a.m.
- All educational content ends on Saturday, Sept. 16 with the Annual Membership Meeting at 4:30 p.m. You do not need to be a member to attend the meeting, but you do need to be a member to vote. Following the membership meeting, all attendees have a short break and the NACAC Conference Social begins at 7 p.m. and is open to all.
4. Are there any additional events I can sign up for?
- College Tours:Take advantage of your time in Boston and see what colleges and universities in the area have to offer. College tours are free but require registration.
- Preconference Workshops and Seminars: Preconference workshops and seminars provide a deeper dive into educational content before the conference begins. All preconference workshops and seminars are available for an additional fee.
- NACAC Imagine Fund Step Challenge: Join your colleagues in a friendly competition to see who can get the most steps over the course of the conference. Prizes are available and all funds raised support the Imagine Fund.
5. How can I edit or add to my registration?
- You can edit or add to your conference registration by logging in to the NACAC Hub. Watch this video to learn more.
Resources for First Time Conference Attendees