Thursday, September 27, 2018
08:30 AM to
Salt Palace Convention Center
Much has been said and written about the main personal statement. But the supplemental essays? Not so much. In this session, both rookie and veteran counselors from schools and CBOs will learn concrete strategies for tackling some of the most common types of supplemental essays. Attendees will receive example essays, analysis of what works and what doesn’t, and handouts with step-by-step guides.
More specifically, this session will cover:
- Ten Tips for the “Why us” Essay
- Three Great "Why Us" Essays You've Never Read--and Why They’re Great
- Six Techniques for Writing the 150-Word Extracurricular Essay
- How to Write the Stanford “Roommate” Essay (Finding the Right Balance Between Chaos and Order in 250 Words)
- The Difference Between an Amazing Activities and Awards List and a Really Good One
- Activities You May Not Have Considered Including—But That Count!
- What You Should (and Shouldn’t) Include in Your Add’l Info Section
- How an Add’l Info Section Could Make the Difference in the Application
Many resources and hand-outs provided.
This seminar requires an additional fee and can be purchased during the registration process.